Who we are
Great Southern Press
Suite 1, Level 3
169 – 171 Victoria Parade
Fitzroy VIC 3065
GSP recognises that your privacy is important to you and we are committed to protecting your personal information.
Our website addresses are:
- Great Southern Press (https://www.gs-press.com.au)
- The Australian Pipeliner (http://pipeliner.com.au/)
- Pipelines International (http://pipelinesinternational.com/)
- Plant, Pipeline & Offshore (http://ppo.com.au/)
- Trenchless Australasia (http://trenchless-australasia.com/)
- Trenchless International (http://trenchlessinternational.com/)
- Gas Today (http://gastoday.com.au/)
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
GSP collects both personal information and anonymous information. We collect personal information about you and your interactions with us, for example when you purchase an item from us, register to attend one of our events, or visit one of our websites.
GSP also collects information based on your use of our services. Your web browser automatically provides us with the type of browser you are using, when you visited a GSP website, your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc.), the address of the website that directed you to our websites, your server’s IP address and which pages you viewed.
We will not combine information collected from your browser or device with personal information you have submitted without your prior consent. We only use this information for statistical and internal purposes including improving the functionality of GSP’s websites for our users.
From time to time, GSP will invite you to participate in surveys. These surveys are designed to ensure that our products and services remain as relevant to you as possible. GSP will always advise if the survey is anonymous or if your participation will be linked to you in any way.
Comments & Contact Forms
When visitors leave comments or use contact forms on the site we collect the data shown in the form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from and links to other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.) or link to other sites. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
How we use your data
GSP will use personal information provided to it for our primary purposes and secondary purposes. By agreeing to this policy, you consent to GSP using your personal information for the following:
- Providing you with products and services you have ordered, or contacting you in relation to these orders
- Answering direct enquiries
- Informing you of new products and services which may be of interest to you
- Providing customer service
- Complying with legal obligations where necessary
- Allowing us to run our business and perform administrative and operational tasks, such as:
- training staff
- developing and marketing products and services
- risk management
- systems development and testing, including our websites and other online channels
- undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis.
- Billing and account management
- Improving our products, services and websites
- Improving our marketing and promotional efforts
- Improving the accuracy of the personal information we hold
Personal information will not be used for any other purpose without the consent of its provider unless GSP is required by law to disclose that information. GSP may be required to disclose personal information to third parties in order to provide a service that you requested.
In relation to events, GSP may distribute a delegate list to event attendees that contains your full name and company name. GSP will not distribute your contact information without prior permission.
Other than in circumstances such as these, GSP will not disclose personal information provided, such as name, address, email address or telephone number, to any organisation or person outside GSP unless the provider has authorised GSP to do so.
We may also use your personal information to get a better understanding of your needs. Unless you tell us otherwise, we may use this information to bring you products and services which we believe will benefit you and your business. Upon receiving new products and services for the first time, you will be given the option to opt-out immediately of receiving future offerings of the item in question. If you are receiving promotional information from GSP and do not wish to receive this information any longer, emails will contain a unsubscribe link for you to remove yourself.
Who we share your data with
Generally, GSP uses systems located within Australia. However, from time to time your information may be accessed by GSP staff located overseas. We may also exchange your information with third parties, including event management software providers, to whom we outsource certain functions, such as data quality management and technical improvements to our databases.
Where your information is sent overseas, it is likely to be one of the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
When your information is sent overseas, GSP will take appropriate steps to ensure data handling and security arrangements are in place in line with Australian privacy legislation.
GSP also hosts white papers and reports on its sites which are produced, distributed or sponsored by third parties. In ordering third party content made available through the GSP network, you are providing permission for GSP to provide your personal information to the sponsor or third party to ensure your order can be fulfilled. GSP will clearly indicate any third party or sponsored items listed on online retail sections across all GSP sites.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Contact Great Southern Press
Phone: +61 3 9248 5100
Office Hours: Between 9am and 5pm AEST Monday to Friday
Great Southern Press
Suite 1, Level 3
169 – 171 Victoria Parade
Fitzroy VIC 3065
If you have a concern about your privacy, you have a right to make a complaint and we’ll do everything we can to put matters right.
To lodge a complaint, please get in touch with us using the contact details provided above. GSP will review your complaint and endeavour to resolve it immediately.
We acknowledge every complaint we receive and provide contact details of the investigating officer. We keep you updated on the progress we’re making towards resolving your issue.
Usually, it takes only a few days to resolve a complaint. However, if we’re unable to provide a final response within 30 days, we’ll contact you to explain why and discuss a timeframe to resolve the complaint.
How we protect your data
GSP takes all reasonable steps to keep any information that it possesses about you is secure. We encourage you to play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords and account details used on our websites. It is your sole responsibility to maintain such confidentiality and GSP will not be liable for any damage, loss or expense suffered due to such disclosure.
What data breach procedures we have in place
GSP has extensive monitoring and will protect all data as outlined in this policy.
GSP will inform users and appropriate regulators where data breaches occur.
What third parties we receive data from
You may be added to our systems where appropriate from various organisations such as industry associations and event organisers. Their terms should indicate when collecting your information but is not the responsibility of GSP. Where possible we will ensure contacts have the ability to opt-in once their data is received by us and as per this policy all communications will include a link to unsubscribe and remove data.
- that has been collected from you in circumstances where:
- you have provided consent to do so; or
- it is within your Reasonable Expectations; or
- where it is impracticable to obtain your consent;
- that has been collected from any third party in circumstances where:
- you have provided consent to do so; or
- it is impracticable to obtain your consent.
- In each direct marketing communication, we will include:
- a statement appearing on the relevant piece of marketing material notifying you of your right to Opt Out from further direct marketing communications; and
- simple means for you to opt out of receiving further direct marketing communications of that kind.
Should you choose to opt out, we will stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
GSP will not use your sensitive information for direct marketing purposes.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.